Saturday, 31 December 2011

Goodbye 2011

I pondered whether I wanted to review my 2011 in great detail here like so many people do this time of year, but it doesn't quite feel right. Sometimes, there's a lot to be said for maintaining some privacy and I think too much over sharing of your very personal life can feel awkward.

This has been a very difficult year for more reasons than I care to list. Some of both the saddest and the most fretful things that have ever happened to me took place within these 12 months and, realistically, it'll be a while yet before I've moved past them enough to look back and say "Bloody hell, that was a weird time, eh?" It'll happen, but patience is not one of my best qualities. I should make 'be more patient' my new year's resolution!

Lots of inspiring and lovely things happened this year too. It wasn't all doom, gloom and heartbreak. Amazing things happened that are setting up my future, and while they're tentative at the moment, they are exciting. They have kept me smiling and I'm looking forward to carrying them forward to 2012.

This time last year, everything was so uncertain that I didn't even feel inclined to make any resolutions or set some goals. This year, I'm setting myself some very achievable goals. They're all things I know I can do. Hopefully by this time next year I'll be ready to set bigger goals.

If you read this blog because you happened to stumble across it, thank you for joining me. I'm looking forward to getting back to cooking new things and sharing them with you very soon. And if you're a friend, thanks for everything. Onwards and upwards. Blwyddyn newydd dda!

Source




No comments:

Post a Comment