Sunday, 9 October 2011

Crispy leaves and dark hair

Cor, it's looking a bit dusty around here. You go away for a few weeks and.... okay, I haven't been away anywhere as such, but it's been the busiest few weeks of my working year. I've spent the past fortnight or so inducting new students into university life and trying to prepare all kinds of useful documents when the photocopiers are kaput, and while covering for unfortunately absent colleagues. In short, I've been more knackered than a knackered thing at the knackers yard in the evenings. I figured the best way to use the small amount of writing time I had was to keep working on my college homework, in which I seem to be doing surprisingly well, and to submit some ideas to Stylist magazine. They launched a campaign looking for new writers for their 100th issue.

The important thing to note about the past few weeks is.....


The king of all seasons is upon us and I couldn't be happier. After a mini heatwave last weekend - which was, quite frankly, unnecessary - the temperature has dropped 10 degrees, the leaves skidding around outside my office are turning crisp, and I can put my cardigans back on. In honour of this most colourful of seasons, I have turned my hair dark for the first time in years and it feels great. I loved being a redhead for three years, but now that I'm growing my hair, it felt like time for a change.


And with these important world issues reported, we should get back to the business of swooning over lovely food and climbing under cosy blankets.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you :) I'm loving having it back after so long.

    ReplyDelete