Sunday, 23 January 2011

Tasty Tunes: Jack Peñate

I've listened to a lot of music this week, strangely none of it while cooking. I did, however, spend an entire evening selecting and carefully editing photos for this blog while listening to Jack Peñate's Matinée album on a loop. Immersed in food images and Jack's chirpy lyrics I had no clue what was going on around me. The second album, Everything is New, is a little more intense than Matinée, but I often turn to Jack when I need a bit of general cheering up or if I'm feeling a bit stressed in the kitchen and need to lighten the mood a little. I distinctly remember turning the volume up when I was totally failing at making flatbreads.

This is one of my favourite tracks and I love the video because he genuinely did the whole thing in one take. It also makes me miss the beach and a prom to stroll along. 


No comments:

Post a Comment