Tuesday, 4 January 2011

Lights, Camera, Cook

Just before Christmas I spotted on Jamie Oliver's website that they had a competition to win a load of Jamie -related goodies. All you had to do was create a Christmas themed video and submit it to the website. I will do that! I proclaimed with festive-fuelled gusto.

I had no idea what I might include in this video. I'd be a fool not make it food based, but as I spent the run up to Christmas buried under an ever increasing mountain of cellophane Quality Street wrappers and mince pie cases, I wondered what I could film of interest. Nobody wants to see a video of me inhaling toffee pennies and circling films I've seen a thousand times before in the Radio Times.

But then with a fridge full of leftovers to get rid of, a plethora of TV programmes bidding to be the ones who inspired the ridding of said leftovers, an excellent haul of gifted cookware and a quiet afternoon, I set about filming my recycling of an over-ambitiously large jar of mincemeat and pile of gradually drying turkey breast. As it turns out, it was loads of fun. So much so that I'm planning on making more just for this blog, with plenty of tweaks and a bit of a voiceover. They may not be frequent, but they should at least be fun to make.

For now I'll leave you with my first shaky attempt at a video. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment